Over 1,950 Items to Inspire and Encourage Anyone…
Welcome to tauntisms.com!
Keep Your Cool, Live on Fire, Fuel the Flame!
Tauntisms are meant to make us think, smile and fuel the flame inside! They are organized by category and topic, as listed on our menus. Save and Share any Tauntism using the links below each one. Subscribe for free to have them delivered daily by email and RSS newsfeed, or just scroll and enjoy!
Tauntisms Table of Contents
- The Book of Taunt – Quotes, Sayings, Anecdotes
- Thought Provokers – Stories, Fables, Collections
- Scripture Energizers – Bible Verses and Practical Thoughts
- The Ticket to Heaven – Simple and Powerful Paper Folding Story
- Complete List of All Tauntisms
- Subscribe for Free – Daily Updates via Email, Social Networks, RSS Newsreaders
- Spin the TAUNToMATIC for a Random Tauntism or two
“Don’t wait for the right opportunity: create it.” – George Bernard Shaw
“Perhaps the world little notes, nor long remembers individual acts of kindness, but people do.” – Herm Albright
“Even though you are on the right track – you will get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Alva Edison
- What does this button do?
- It’s probably just a rash.
- Are you sure the power is off?
- Yeah, I made the deciding vote on the jury, so what of it?
- The odds of that happening have to be a million to one!
- Pull the pin and count to what?
- Which wire was I supposed to cut?
- I wonder where the mother bear is?
- I’ve seen this done on TV.
- Watch This!
“All that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.” – Lewis Carroll
“We ought not to treat living creatures like shoes or household belongings, which when worn with use, we throw away.” – Plutarch
“You are perfectly cast in your life. I can’t imagine anyone but you in the role. Go play.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
The new Librarian decided that instead of checking out children’s books by writing the names of borrowers on the book cards herself, she would have the youngsters sign their own names. She would then tell them they were signing a ‘Contract’ for returning the books on time.
Her first customer was a 2nd grader, who looked surprised to see a new Librarian. He brought four books to the desk and shoved them across to the Librarian, giving her his name as was the custom. The new librarian pushed the books back, smiled, and told him to sign them out himself.
The boy carefully printed his name on each book card and then handed them to her with a look of utter disgust. Before the Librarian could even start her speech he said, scornfully, “At least that other Librarian we had could write.”
“Pray continually.” (NIV)
Just Thinking: If you’re not sure how to pray, consider praying with JOY– thanking Jesus first, then praying for the needs of Others, then Yourself – JOY! It’s a great way to pray.
“There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats.”
“Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.” – Pablo Picasso