“If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” – Peace Pilgrim
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.” – Ian Maclaren
“What other people think of me is none of my business.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“If you think you can, you will. If you think you can’t, you won’t. Either way, you are correct.” – Greg Taunt
“We are fallible. We certainly haven’t attained perfection. But we can strive for it, and the virtue is in the striving.” – Carlos P. Romulo
“Life does not accommodate you; it shatters you. Every seed destroys its container, or else there would be no fruition.” – Florida Scott-Maxwell
“Change the way you look at things, and things will change the way they look.” – Lee J. Colan
“We have different personalities and different skills and the kind of things that we do, we can do together that neither of us can do separately.” – Guy Burgess
Grand Canyon National Park:
- Was this man-made?
- Do you light it up at night?
- Is the mule train air conditioned?
- So where are the faces of the presidents?
Everglades National Park:
- Are the alligators real?
- Are the baby alligators for sale?
- Where are all the rides?
- What time does the two o’clock bus leave?
Mesa Verde National Park:
- Did people build this, or did Indians?
- Why did they build the ruins so close to the road?
- Do you know of any undiscovered ruins?
- What did they worship in the kivas–their own made-up religion?
- Why did the Indians decide to live in Colorado?
Carlsbad Caverns National Park:
- How much of the cave is underground?
- So what’s in the unexplored part of the cave?
- Does it ever rain in here?
- How many Ping-Pong balls would it take to fill this up?
- So what is this–just a hole in the ground?
Yosemite National Park:
- Where are the cages for the animals?
- What time of year do you turn on Yosemite Falls?
- What happened to the other half of Half Dome?
- Can I get my picture taken with the carving of President Clinton?
Denali National Park:
- What time do you feed the bears?
- What’s so wonderful about Wonder Lake?
- Can you show me where yeti lives?
- How often do you mow the tundra?
- How much does Mount McKinley weigh?
Yellowstone National Park:
- Does Old Faithful erupt at night?
- How do you turn it on?
- When does the guy who turns it on get to sleep?
- We had no trouble finding the park entrances, but where are the exits?