“Once you have set a goal, you can always see the first step. And when you have the courage to take the first step, the second step will appear. When you take the second step, the third step will appear. You can achieve the biggest goal in your life if you just take it one step at a time. And you can always see the next step.” – Brian Tracy
- Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
- Why women can’t put on mascara with their mouth closed?
- Why don’t you ever see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”?
- Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?
- Why is it that doctors call what they do “practice”?
- Why is it that to stop Windows Software, you have to click on “Start”?
- Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
- Why is the person who invests all your money called a broker?
- Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
- Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
- When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it?
- Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
- Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
- You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don’t they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
- Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?
- Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
- If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
- If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?
“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcom S. Forbes
“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
“You know when you actually get good at sports? When you’re having fun and being creative. When you’re being a kid. When you don’t even realize you’re getting better, that’s when you’re getting better. If you’re not engaged in what you’re doing, it’s as helpful as taking the trash out. It’s just another chore.” – Patrick O’Sullivan
“You can’t talk yourself out of a problem you behave yourself into.” – Stephen Covey
“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
“Email should be something that helps our work, rather than a tool that controls us. I don’t want my tombstone to say: ‘Here lies Jocelyn K. Glei, she checked all her emails.’ It sounds a bit underwhelming doesn’t it?” – Jocelyn K. Glei
“It is the silence between the notes that makes the music. It is the space between the bars that holds the tiger.”
“Many of our personal goals are stranded on a little island called the “Someday I’ll.” – Roger von Oech