“Imagine what it would be like to live in a world where you are more concerned about what you have to offer than what you have to hide.”
“Whoever believes in the good in people, draws forth the good in people.” – Jean Paul
- Make peace with your past, so it won’t mess up the present.
- What others think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything, so give it time.
- Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Stop thinking too much. It’s alright not to know the answers. They may come to you when you least expect it.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world. Don’t try to make them your own.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
“Gratitude as a discipline involves a conscious choice. I can choose to be grateful even when my emotions and feelings are still steeped in hurt and resentment. It is amazing how many occasions present themselves in which I can choose gratitude instead of a complaint.” – Henri Nouwen
“Listening, like reading, is primarily an activity of the mind, not of the ear or of the eye. When the mind is not actively involved in the process, it should be called hearing, not listening…” – Mortimer Adler
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
“The good old days were never that good, believe me. The good new days are today, and better days are coming tomorrow. Our greatest songs are still unsung.” – Hubert H. Humphrey