“Some people talk in their sleep. Lecturers talk while other people sleep.” – Albert Camus
When you are exhausted by interruptions, try to remember that their very frequency may indicate how valuable your life is.
Only the people who are full of help and strength are burdened by other people’s needs.
The interruptions which we so often complain about demonstrate how important we truly are.
The greatest condemnation that anybody could incur – and it is a danger to guard against – is to be so independent, so unhelpful, that nobody ever interrupts us and we are left comfortably alone.
A 4-year-old boy who was asked to return thanks before Christmas dinner. The family members bowed their heads in expectation.
He began his prayer, thanking God for all his friends, naming them one by one. Then he thanked God for Mommy, Daddy, brother, sister, Grandma, Grandpa, and all his aunts and uncles. Then he began to thank God for the food.
He gave thanks for the turkey, the dressing, the fruit salad, the cranberry sauce, the pies, the cakes, even the Cool Whip. Then he paused, and everyone waited–and waited.
After a long silence, the young fellow looked up at his mother and asked, “If I thank God for the broccoli, won’t He know that I’m lying?”
“When I was a boy of fourteen my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one I was astounded at how much the old man learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain
“A person who can kneel to God can stand up to anything!”
A visiting minister waxed eloquently during the offertory. “Dear Lord,” he began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face, “Without you we are but dust. . . ”
He would have continued but at that moment my small daughter, who was listening intently, asked quite audibly in her shrill little voice, “Mom, what is butt dust?”
An 8-year-old girl went to her dad, who was working in the yard. She asked him, “Daddy, what is sex?” The father was surprised that she would ask such a question, but decided that if she was old enough to ask the question, then she was old enough to get a straight answer.
He proceeded to tell her all about the ‘birds and the bees’. When he finished explaining, the little girl was looking at him with her mouth hanging open. The father asked her, “Why did you ask this question?” The little girl replied, “Mom told me to tell you that dinner would be ready in just a couple of secs.”
“When asked to describe significant regrets in their lives, more than eight out of ten people focused on actions they did not take rather than actions they did. In other words, they focused on things they failed to do, rather than things they failed at doing.” – Ricaurte
Need a Lift? Tauntisms.com exists to inspire you on your life’s journey…
Check out Tauntisms by category or by topic below, subscribe to our email list or RSS Feed for daily inspiration delivered, scroll down for a running list or use the TAUNToMATIC to see random Tauntisms. Be blessed! – Greg Taunt
Content and Features
- The Book of Taunt – Clever quotes, sayings, and anecdotes that make a powerful point.
- Thought Provokers – Motivational and meaningful stories, fables and collections.
- Scripture Energizers – Practical Bible verses that guide and direct our daily living.
- The Ticket to Heaven – A simple, powerful paper folding exercise illustrating God’s love.
- Web Connections – Various, useful, fun, and interesting websites.
- RSS Newsfeed and Email List – Daily inspiration delivered.
Spin the TAUNToMATIC
View a random Tauntism from the entire collection.
9. “Look! Let’s stop that car and ask those folks how we can become Christians.”
8. “Don’t worry, Billy, those people are Christians. They must have a good reason for driving 90 miles an hour.”
7. “What a joy to be sharing the highway with another car of Spirit-filled brothers and sisters.”
6. “Dad, how come people who drive like that don’t get thrown in jail? Can we get a bumper sticker like that, too?”
5. “Stay clear of those folks, Martha. If they get raptured, that car’s gonna be all over the road!”
4. “Oh, look! That Christian woman is getting a chance to share Jesus with a police officer.”
3. “No, that’s not garbage coming out of their windows, Bert. It’s probably gospel tracts for the road workers.”
2. “Oh boy, we’re in trouble now! We just rear-ended one of God’s cars.”
1. “Quick, Alice, honk the horn or they won’t know that we love Jesus!”