“Change is the key that unlocks the door to growth and excitement in any organization. The leader’s ability to inspire a ‘culture of change’ can make or break their success. Tomorrow comes at us with lightning speed and our competitive advantage is a fleeting thing.” – Mac Anderson
“God’s part we cannot do. Our part He will not do.”
“Compassion is not just feeling with someone, but seeking to change the situation. Frequently people think compassion and love are merely sentimental. No! They are very demanding. If you are going to be compassionate, be prepared for action!” – Desmond Tutu
“Hope is like a road in the country: there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.” – Lin Yutang
“It is true that we are called to create a better world. But we are first of all called to a more immediate and exalted task: that of creating our own lives.” – Thomas Merton
“Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Two researchers were independently dispatched to one of the world’s least developed countries by a large shoe manufacturer. Their task was to assess the business possibilities within that country.
When the first report came back to the manufacturer’s headquarters, the message read: “No market here. Nobody wears shoes!” A few days later, the second report came back from the other researcher. It read: “Great market here. Nobody wears shoes!”
- Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
- Why women can’t put on mascara with their mouth closed?
- Why don’t you ever see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”?
- Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?
- Why is it that doctors call what they do “practice”?
- Why is it that to stop Windows Software, you have to click on “Start”?
- Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
- Why is the person who invests all your money called a broker?
- Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
- Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
- When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it?
- Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
- Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
- You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don’t they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
- Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?
- Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
- If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
- If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?
“Some English papers are like trash cans- pretty on the outside, but filled with garbage.”
“The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.'” – Ronald Reagan