“Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong; it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak; it sets you free.” – Dave Willis
We all make mistakes and for several medical secretaries, what they typed didn’t quite explain the actual situation…
- Patient has left her white blood cells at another hospital.
- Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
- Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
- Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Jones, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
- The patient refused autopsy.
- She is numb from her toes down.
- She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.
- Discharge status: Alive, but without my permission.
- Skin: somewhat pale, but present.
- Patient was found in bed with her power mower.
“If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Nathan Hill
“It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
“You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope.” – Thomas Merton
“No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
“Live on less than you make and you will become wealthy. Financial freedom is closer than you think.” – Dave Ramsey
“It is fine to level with people if you don’t level them in the process.” – Walter St. John
“Everything can be taken…but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” – Viktor Frankl
“Every exit is an entry somewhere else.” – Tom Stoppard