God’s wisdom may be observed in the hatching of eggs.
- The eggs of the potato bug hatch in 7 days;
- Those of the canary in 14 days;
- Those of the barnyard hen in 21 days;
- The eggs of ducks and geese hatch in 28 days;
- Those of the mallard in 35 days
- The eggs of the parrot and the ostrich hatch in 42 days. (Think sevens…)
God’s wisdom is seen in the making of animals.
- The four legs of the elephant all bend forward in the same direction. No other quadruped is so made. God planned that this animal would have a huge body, too large to live on two legs. For this reason He gave it four fulcrums so that it can rise from the ground easily.
- The horse rises from the ground on its two front legs first.
- A cow rises from the ground with its two hind legs first.
God’s wisdom is also revealed in His time and number arrangement in plants.
- Each watermelon has an even number of stripes on the rind.
- Each orange has an even number of segments.
- Each ear of corn has an even number of rows.
- Each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains.
- Every bunch of bananas has on its lowest row an even number of bananas, and each row decreases by one, so that one row has an even number and the next row an odd number.
- The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in all kinds of weather.
- Flowers blossom at specified times during the day. Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said that if he had a conservatory containing the right kind of soil, moisture and temperature, he could tell the time of day or night by the flowers that were open and those that were closed!