I always thought there’s one commandment that Moses brought down from the mountain that I could never break:
THOU SHALT NOT KILL.
Inconceivable that I would use a gun, a knife, my bare hands, or anything to actually kill someone!
But, what about…
- killing someone’s joy or enthusiasm?
- killing someone’s faith in himself, herself, or others?
- killing someone’s spirit?
- killing their reputation?
- killing their hopes or dreams?
Not a gun or a knife, but a look, a snicker, a comment, or a lack of comment. Killing with a ball point pen or a sharp tongue…
It may take them 37 or 53 years to die, but they had been killed already.