The Book of Taunt – clever quotes, sayings, and anecdotes that make a powerful point.
Thought Provokers – motivational and meaningful stories, fables, parables and collections – great for opening a meeting or lifting your spirit.
Scripture Energizers – an assortment of Bible verses that guide and direct our daily living.
The Ticket to Heaven – a simple, powerful paper folding exercise that illustrates God’s love for us and the importance of having a personal relationship with Christ. All you need is a piece of 8 1/2″ x 11″ notebook paper.
“When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
We all make mistakes and for several medical secretaries, what they typed didn’t quite explain the actual situation…
- Patient has left her white blood cells at another hospital.
- Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
- Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
- Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Jones, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
- The patient refused autopsy.
- She is numb from her toes down.
- She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.
- Discharge status: Alive, but without my permission.
- Skin: somewhat pale, but present.
- Patient was found in bed with her power mower.
“First we make our habits, and then our habits make us.” – John Dryden
“If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Nathan Hill
“One worthwhile task carried to a successful conclusion is better than half-a-hundred half-finished tasks” – B.C. Forbes
“Laughter is carbonated holiness.” – Anne Lamott
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
“It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” – Will Rogers
“Learning never exhausts the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci