“Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.” – Leon J. Suenes
Loving God, we give You thanks for the many ways each of us is called to serve in Your Healing Ministry!
Awaken me to a sense of Your presence.
Help me to catch glimpses of Your face in the faces of those around me.
Help me to see others with Your eyes and to know them as Your own precious children.
Make me aware of what I cannot or will not recognize – in myself and in others.
Make me an instrument of your peace and reconciliation.
We ask this in your name, Amen.
– Sister Claudia Ward, RSM
“Excellence is an everyday event.” – Harry Hopkins
“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” – Anne Lamott
- Make peace with your past, so it won’t mess up the present.
- What others think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything, so give it time.
- Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Stop thinking too much. It’s alright not to know the answers. They may come to you when you least expect it.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world. Don’t try to make them your own.
“Out of town calories don’t count, so treat yourself!” – Todd Holbert
THe attorney tells the accused, “I have some good news and some bad news.” “What’s the bad news?” asks the accused.
“The bad news is, your blood is all over the crime scene, and the DNA tests prove you did it.”
“What’s the good news?”
“Your cholesterol is 130.”
“Rereading the same book produces new insights because the reader is a different person. Indeed, a good book is very much like a mirror: The glass is the same year after year, but the reflection in it changes over time.” – Christopher B. Nelson
“My mother would say to me, ‘It’s so easy to say yes, but never be afraid to say no.’ If you work hard enough and you’re good at what you do, an opportunity is never the last chance. It’s just a sign you’re on the right path. Don’t rush into anything.” – Little Simz
“You know when you actually get good at sports? When you’re having fun and being creative. When you’re being a kid. When you don’t even realize you’re getting better, that’s when you’re getting better. If you’re not engaged in what you’re doing, it’s as helpful as taking the trash out. It’s just another chore.” – Patrick O’Sullivan