“You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go – and see what happens.” – Mandy Hale
- At lunch time, sit in your parked car and point a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.
- Page yourself over the intercom. (Don’t disguise your voice.)
- Insist that your e-mail address is Xenaemail@example.com or Elvis-the-King @companyname.com.
- Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
- Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair dancing.
- Put your garbage can on your desk and label it “IN.”
- Develop an unnatural fear of staplers.
- Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
- Reply to everything someone says with, “That’s what you think.”
- Finish all your sentences with, “…in accordance with the prophecy.”
- Adjust the tint on your monitor so that the brightness level lights up the entire work area. Insist to others that you like it that way.
- Dont use any punctuation
- As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
- Specify that your drive-through order is “to go.”
- Sing along at the opera.
- Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don’t rhyme.
- Send e-mail to the rest of the company to tell them what you’re doing. For example: If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the bathroom.
- Put mosquito netting around your cubicle.
- Call the psychic hotline and just say, “Guess.”
- When the money comes out of the ATM, scream, “I won! I won! Third time this week!!!”
- When leaving the zoo, start running toward the parking lot yelling, “Run for your lives, they’re loose!”
- Tell your boss, “It’s not the voices in my head that bother me, it’s the voices in your head that do”
- Tell your children over dinner, “Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go.”
- Every time you see a broom, yell, “Honey, your mother is here.”
Dog: “Why do they keep putting the lid down on the big water bowl?”
Goldfish: “Just because I have a three-second memory, they don’t think I’ll mind eating the same fish flakes … Oh boy! Fish flakes!”
Dog: “Man, why do they keep rubbing my nose in it? I already KNOW whose it is!”
Goldfish: “The wimpy knight never comes out of the castle to fight me for dominion over the fish tank. So I must continue patrolling, for I am lord and master!”
Parrot: “Tease, tease, tease! But do those greedy clowns ever really give me a cracker? NO!”
Cat: “Why are these people in my house?”
Goldfish: “Oh, tap-tap-tap! There’s a new one!”
“There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.” – A.J. Muste
A Goober was playing Trivial Pursuit one night. She rolled the dice and she landed on “Science & Nature.”
Her question was, “If you are in a vacuum and someone calls your name, can you hear it?”
The Goober thought for a time and then asked, “Is it turned on or off?”
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (NIV)
Thoughts: To get a great perspective, insert your name or the name of a friend or loved one in place of “whoever.”
I asked God, “Why are you taking me through troubled water?”
He replied, “Because your enemies can’t swim.”
“Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – NidoQubein
“Live in the present. Do the things that need to be done. Do all the good you can each day. The future will unfold.” – Peace Pilgrim
“Imagine what it would be like to live in a world where you are more concerned about what you have to offer than what you have to hide.”